Wednesday 1 April 2015

Miss H Practice 2 (TV)

Today I used a facechart to progress my look for Miss Haversham. This will help when it comes to finalising my look and will especially help when it comes to continuity. I've put the wrinkles and lines exactly where I want them to be for both my shoots. The idea is to have a theatrical appearance to the ageing I'm using, this time I've made the look a little more subtle for ageing to be more suitable for TV, I will try next week to make the look more theatrical so I can experiment where my Miss H would be suitable for. I'm using the ageing techniques we've used in our technical classes to bring out all the bad features of the face. I also have used supracolour to do this as well as the steps which follow:



Products used:

Matte Primer Illamasqua
Skin Base Illamasqua
Supracolour palette
Illamasqua eye shadow neutral palette
Fennel, pepper and Carraway from Charles Fox eye shadow palette
Duo Glue
Blush Palette

How to complete this look:

Firstly prep your models skin, cleanse tone and moisturise.

Add a primer all over the skin for a smooth makeup application and a blank canvas

Add skin base over the highlights of the face, the forehead, the cheekbones under the cheekbones, cupids bow and chin. Shade a strong grey chiselled line on the cheek bones to make the face look more deadly. Shade the sides of the forehead, the rest of the face.

For the cheeks add a little rosy blush to make Miss Haversham look flushed

Use a thin layer of duo eyelash glue onto the lips once dry get your model to rub with fingertip to make it look very dry and peeled. Add a little redish pink to make it look een more sore making the lips look caged and using red in the cracks of the lip to relate to Miss Havershams life -caged.


I then moved on to adding supracolour in a brown/yellow and a little red to make lines appear on the forehead around the lips and adding crows feet and a little frown line. 
I made Miss Havershams eyes quite strong for this look. I wanted them to have a yellow tinge to them to make them almost look bruised and extremely tired. I darkened the lash line of both top and bottom with a dark brown Illamasqua shade. I made sure this was lended well in. The outer eye I used dark circle using a grey/purply colour and blended this into the sockets from the supracolour pallette. 



To finish I used a large amount of translucent powder to make the nose and cheeks look considerably dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment