Friday 17 April 2015

Miss H Hair Practice

For my Miss H hair I wanted something that would reflect on her lifestyle. As she stopped living in time from when she got jilted at the alter I was picturing realistically how her hair would've appeared in Great Expectations. It would've been Georgian times when Miss H's wedding would've been so I've taken this into account when designing my look. The hair I created I wanted to be very fancy at the back with pin curls including a plait with hair coming down the face in a middle parting in big loose curls as if they'd dropped and been backcombed to give a rougher effect as the hair would not be perfect as Miss H hasn't washed it for years! It would've smelt old and possibly been very greasy to start with but now is dry and un nourished as I cant imagine Miss H having a nutritious diet!

As this was a first practice I took the time mainly to get the correct shape and correct sectioning of the style. It wasn't as rustic as I wanted but hope to show this through my development of design. I felt the pin curls were too tight and neat for a style which had been worn for years. I want to add dry shampoo next time to create the effect of dust/dry skin.

Process:
Tools needed:
Hair tong (thin)
Hair grips
Hair pins
1 Hairband


Firstly i took the two front sections with a pin tale comb, ensuring each section were symmetrical. I took the sections from the crown towards the back of the ear. I clipped these away ready for later. I then made a horse shoe shaped line at the back of the head underneath to get a section for my pony tale. I popped this in and then began to curl the whole section including the hair at the end of my pony tale. By curling small sections it gave a better effect so I tried to keep the sections quite small so I had more curls to work with. I then left a section behind each ear free for the plaits later, I pinned these away from the back of the hair. I then started to pin curl up the pony tale hair around the pony tale, hiding the hair band. I twisted each curl in with other curls and placed them randomly on the head making sure the pins were hidden. I then used hair from outside the pony tale I created using the same effect. I carried this on until I had a desired look. I hair sprayed this and then started to pull out a few sections to give a messier effect. I then plaited two thin sections that I put away at the start in the direction of heading up to the parting of the hair. I then crossed each plait over trying to conceal the ends and pins. I think I will use an extension or hair piece for this next time as the hair wasn't thick or long enough to give the effect I wanted to create of a messy plait band. 



For the front I sectioned the hair into 4 pieces and curled each of these carefully ensuring none of the ends were left out untidily. I left these under the tong for a slight bit more as they were heavier/thicker sections of hair that I wanted them to hold. I then slowly unravelled each section and let it set. I then back combed the front parts to give more volume and a messier apperance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment