Wednesday 15 April 2015

Cuts, Bruises and Black Eyes

Cuts and bruises can be created through makeup. Blending and using the correct colours are key things to think about when creating this on a model. You want to make the cut/bruise as realistic as possible. This really related to my gothic horror themed assessments so I played around with using different shades to build up the 'perfect black eye'.

Products used:

Kryolan supra colour palette in pink/purple/black and yellow

How to:

For a black eye I started off by using the deeper colour on the eye first which was a mixed with purple pink and a tiny dab of black. I used a small brush to apply and a fluffier brush to blend the bruise out wards. I wanted to make the black eye look sore and swollen so I dabbed a little yellow on the outside of the darkness to make it look a little more realistic. Next time I want to use Vaseline ontop to make the black eye look swollen. I thoroughly blended the outer edges to make the bruise look less harsh and as if it's healing. You can use a moisturiser to make it less thick and more of a sheer cover to the eye. 

I created another dark circles eye here by using the same technique but making it less strong and more of an under eye darkness. I used the kryolan concealer pallette to create this with the redish/darker shades. 


For a cut I used the following:

Palette knife
Wax
Latex/sealer
Hairdryer
Pin-optional 
Gloss/Vaseline to make it look more shiny

How to: 

Place barrier cream onto the area
Work the wax up on the skin, work on the edges to make it smooth 
Slit this layer to where you want your cut to be
Use latex/sealer but do not pour sealer into a bowl
To make this dry, place over a cool hair dryer on a low power
You have to work fast with latex so ensure you are quick
Blend over this with latex
Use a pin carefully to manipulate the wax to make the cut look rougher at the edges
Apply wound filer first with a spatula and then pin
You only need a little of this and you can use a fine makeup brush to apply this 
Build up the texture 
Add the blood you can add redness over the top with kryolan supra palette 
Use a stipple sponge blend this randomly to look more realistic 
Add a gloss to make it look more 3D (vaseliene etc) around the area but not directly on the cut

This was my first attempt, I'm not completely happy with how the edges turned out so next time I'm going to work on building up the wax better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment