Saturday 18 April 2015

Dark Eyes

To go with the theme 'Gothic Horror' I took the challenge to create some day wear 'dark eyes'. I really enjoyed wearing this look and used quite a few products to complete this eye look.

Firstly I primed my eyes with 'Painterly' by MAC with quite a thick layer so the colours would appear stronger. I then applied Anastasia Beverly Hills shaddows from the light contour kit. These colours are bronzy/hazey so perfect for transition colours but really nice on the eyes too for a smokey effect. I used the three bronzey shades and buffed them in with 3 different blending brushes, one clean, one with the colour on and one with loose bristles for the outer blending edge of colour. I buffed away and when I was happy with my blending I then went in with a black from the Naked 3 palette. I used carbon by MAC on top of this also to give a strong effect.

I used a bananna powder on the brow bone to brighten that up also. I blended the black into the creace with a smaller blending brush ensuing the colour was across the entire lid. 

I added a brown on the bottom lash line to add to the smokey eye look. Then completed the look by adding brow colour and mascara thickly on the lashes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment