Wednesday 22 April 2015

Modern Day Bridal Hair & Makeup

Today I took the time to practice a bridal makeup and hair design for a modern look. From practicing Miss Haversham it has inspired me with bridal looks which I've really enjoyed creating. These are the images I've taken inspiration from for my look.




And my outcome:




My client wanted a really pretty subtle look which she could wear for her wedding day in July. She doesn't wear much makeup usually and wanted the makeup to stand out in photos. I chose a really subtle pinkish brown for the lid with a champagne undertone added with a matte brown/taupe for the crease. A small black wing for liner added with 'Kinda Sexy' lips by MAC. I will add eyelash extentions for the day for a fuller lash look. I highlighted under the brow bone with bananna powder and completed the brows by shaping and filling them in with 'Fling' by MAC. 

As for skin I wanted to add makeup which would show up naturally but perfectly in photos. I used Charles Fox yellowy concelar under the eyes, around the nose and chin and any redness with a thin layer and Fix+ by MAC. I also used MAC Face and Body foundation for an even natural sheer base. I really loved the foundation on my model. I then powdered with Illamasqua translucent powder. I used 'dainty' blush from MAC to add warmth to my models cheeks. I then contoured the face under cheek bones, sides of nose with a small brush, under jawline and temples for a sculpted look using Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit. 


As for hair I curled the whole head in neat sections. I then sectioned a pony tale at the back of the head and used pin curl rolls of hair to clip into place hiding the clips. I then sectioned the front of the hair in a middle parting and backcombed under these layers and twisted the sides in place and pinned these down. The back had a slight bouffant too for where the veil will sit. I then took the rest of the curles that were flowing down and encourporated these into the style. I finished with hairspray and comb smoothing the areas down. I really enjoyed creating a contemporary bridal hair style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment