Thursday 30 April 2015

American Horror Story Inspired Hair

American Horror Story inspired hair was completed by using:

Pins
Curling irons
Sectioning Comb
Paddle brush

To complete the following hair styles I used these steps:

I started by brushing the hair out with a paddle brush. I then Sectioned the hair at the front into a side parting, I then sectioned this side into four sections by curling each section (2-3 inches wide) I rolled the curling irons under this time ensuring all hair was sleek in the tong for a neater appearance. I let it set by keeping it in its curl and pinning it underneath. This is so it'll set and be a stronger wave when its taken out. I then did the same to the other sections working down towards the ear, I ended up with four sections this side. I then continued onto the other side and did 3 even sections as theres less hair this side because of the side parting.
I then pulled the sections from the back into curls underneath themselves These were even sections too, I also pinned these in place like I did with the front curls. I did these parallel to each other instead of side ways like the front.


I then carefully took out these grips from the curls to create a new style. The curls came out as bouncy waves. I teased the hair a little underneath the front sections for added volume.


I pinned the front parts in little pin curl shaped flicks.





For the back I rolled the hair carefully into itself continually through the sides of the hair. I pinned this in place using hair pins. I really like how the style turned out with references to AHS/Contemporary Victorian Hair. 


For the next style I used a really simple technique. I carefully took out all of the pins from the first style. Then I used a brush and my hand smoothing the hair the other side of the brush and it created this look.  A very sleek but big/bouncy rounded bob type look. 


For the next style, I took my head and shook the hair, tossled it with my hands and made this very big curly bouncy hair look, that simple!






No comments:

Post a Comment