Wednesday 15 April 2015

Miss Haversham Assessment Practice (More Theatrical) Leading Up To Final Assesment

Today was my practice of my Miss Haversham ageing look. I followed my facechart and learnt a lot from practising it ready for assessments. It's definitely important to practice the look so that I can be able to continue the look a few weeks after for continuity. I want to make both examples of my look as accrete as possible so today I took the time to decide step by step on how to create my look.


Products used:
Supra colour Kryolan
Skin Base Illamasqua
Illimasqua translucent powder
Charles fox eyeshaddow set
Duo lash glue
Illimasqua smokey eyeshaddow pallette
MAC Shine


Firstly I cleanse toned and moisturised my model, ensuring her skin was prepped for the makeup. The n I applied skin base onto all high areas of the face including the forehead, cheekbones, nose and chin to make these stand out the most to give an aged look. I then blended the white over the other areas buffing in the colour to give it an even effect.

I then took a red/blue/black/white mixture of supracolour and made my model frown so I could apply a thin line on each of her frown lines/smile lines etc so I could do the ageing process. I buffed in any harsh lines. I used a red/purple blend patted over the eye area. I then applied MAC shine over this to give it a glistening effect. I did age spots on her nose with a small brush but realised that Miss Haversham would not have age spots as she was not exposed to the sun a lot. I will take this out of my final design for Miss Haversham. I used translucent powder generously over the forehead, cheeks and nose to give my Miss H a dry skinned look.
I also applied MAC Shine over Miss H's eyelids. I dusted a little yellow powder under her eyes to give a sore effect.


To create the sharp contour I made both sides as even as possible by using a flat foundation brush firstly to draw the line on blending it out with greys afterwards under the line drawn as an outline. I found this a good way to get a chiselled old effect.


For her lips I used duo lash glue as a thin layer all over the lips and then I made this crack whilst it was dry and pulled the glue in different directions to get a dry lip look. I then finished off by powdering the lips and using a thin brush with a red/purple colour from supracolour to make some of the lines on the lips appear swollen and sore.

I think to improve my Miss H look I will continue to use the same order but take away the age spots from my design. I want to make the yellow less obvious and add more of a soreness around the eyes instead. making her eyes look puffy. I want to make Miss H look as old as I can with it still being blended with no harsh lines. Her lips signify 'caged life'. Her eyes are glistering. Her complexion is sallow and pale, as she never leaves the house, her skin is more than dehydrated as well as her lips. Her skin is fighting itself to constantly try to repair itself but Miss H does not have any nutrition to feed the skin leading to more wrinkles and ageing of Miss H face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment