Saturday 18 April 2015

Estella Practice

Today I completed my Estella design practice. I wanted a simple look which would look young, fresh and youthful. I'm pleased with the result of the makeup look and feel my model has the perfect image with the hair included for what I had in mind for Miss Haversham. the facechart design shows rosy cheeks, a yellowed base for a fresher look and soft lips.. The eyes have little definition using brown shadow and mascara. 

To complete this look: 
Prep the face by cleansing, toning and moisturising. Now use primer to smooth the skins fine lines etc. I then started by doing the eyes first. I started with painterly primer by MAC I used the 'smokey palette' by Illamasqua with the darkest brown shade underneath the eyes and on top of the eye lash line. I smudged and buffed this in with a small precise brush and then buffed away with a slightly thicker rounded tapered brush to spread the colour which came through nice and natural.  I added a slight touch of mascara to both sets of lashes but focused on the root more to darken the lashes in photos to define the eyes rather than having a thick contemporary mascara look. I wanted it to reflect of the Victorian age still where makeup wasn't really worn obviously.



For the skin, I used MAC c1 face and body foundation for a sheer dewy Finnish. I loved how it came out so natural on my model. I used a little Charles fox concealer in red areas such as cheeks and under eye circles. I then used Illamasqua setting powder on top of the look mattifying the skin out. I then used an Illamasqua blush in a pinky colour which was swirled on the cheeks directly in circular motions but up to the temples a little too. I then brushed up the eyebrows with a clean mascara wand. 

For lips I mixed Charles fox colours (all shades on facechart) and brushes and blotted the colour onto the lips for a natural look which was in defined. 

Overall I like the natural look I have created but will make sure to moisturise the lips next time as my models lips were a little dry today. I also want to keep the skin dewy in areas such as the nose and forehead so I will not powder these as much next time as I want my Estella to look very fresh and glory within her young skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment