Friday 1 May 2015

Miss Haversham Hair Practice

For my final design I wanted to show Miss H when she is in an old and fragile state. Her hair appears that it has not been taken out since her wedding day, her curls at the front look like they may have been touched up but still loose and scraggly. The plait running through is loose and slept on and the back of the hair has been pulled out from Miss H's original style from her wedding. I will spray dry shampoo into the hair to give the hair a dusty old effect.

How to:

Firstly I brushed through my models hair to get rid of any knots.  I then sectioned the hair into a middle parting which was early Victorian classic style within hair. Then started to curl the whole head of hair apart from the two sections at the front. These two sections are clipped aside so I can focus on the back of the hair. When curling I took the time to use a ringlet type of curl which is achieved when holding the curling tong horizontal to get that kind of curl.


I then made a section in a horseshoe shape at the back and towards the bottom of the hair, I secured this with a hair tie. The pony tale is also curled in small sections, 3-4 curls were fitted into this piece of hair. I made two sections at the front of the pony tale where I platted the hair upwards to create a headband effect of a plait. This was a little tricky to do as my model didn't have long enough hair so I plan to use a hair extension incorporated to this for next time. The back of the hair was then pin curled, twisted into shape and curled around the pony tale and pinned in place carefully to create this effect below. I started with twisting each section from the pony tale to hide the hair band and then went on from there. I feel like this look would be very hard to recreate and next time I want to use larger sections so that it will be more effective when it comes to continuity.




After completing the back of the hair I sprayed with a hairspray and a little dry shampoo. 

For the front I sectioned the hair into 4 pieces and curled each of these carefully ensuring none of the ends were left out untidily. I left these under the tong for a slight bit more as they were heavier/thicker sections of hair that I wanted them to hold. I then slowly unravelled each section and let it set. I then back combed the front parts to give more volume and a messier appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment