Sunday 3 May 2015

Developing Claudia Makeup

Today I took the time to practice my final Claudia makeup design. After deciding how her characters personality is going to be I decided on what makeup look I wanted to achieve. Because she is an innocent character who is troubled I feel I want to show this through my design, styling and hair. I practiced the makeup look on myself to make it easier for shoot day to know exactly what I am doing.

Firstly after applying a base, eye look including a winged liner flick I started to add accessories to the face to make them sparkle. I added stars onto the temples to resemble her stress being covered. Temples are a place which pain can be caused during stress leading headaches, the stars are meant to be an ironic piece which show Claudias masking of stress. She lives in a fantasy like world which has been quite sheltered as she does not see much from the outside world. 



I then added a precise bold lip and sparkles underneath her eyes as my Claudia is a fairy, resembling Sookie from True Blood. I liked the way the sparkles were almost see through but would show up when the light hits it. It gives Claudia a feel of innocence as if she can do no wrong when really she can be a manipulative character. 


I then got experimenting a little as I wanted to include a bite mark or bruise to Claudia's face. I started to build up the bruise with yellow, red, purple and a little black from the supra colour palette. I pattered these in with my fingers and a brush but decided to add some liquid latex on top to give more texture to the look. I then figured that a bit mark wouldn't usually appear on the cheek bone but decided to practice my technique for tomorrows shoot anyway. I manipulated the liquid latex into shape using a spatula to rub away the parts I wanted to conceal. I then added a little fake blood to this, I like the idea of a bite mark as my Quentin is a vampire character, but definately want to move this bite mark for my actual shoot onto the cheek or onto the neck. 


I wanted to see if a cut on the arm would match with my Claudia for the shoot but have decided I want to keep my Claudia simple with just a bite mark as I don't want the prosthetics in my shoot to be too overpowering with loads of blood. 



I added a little more yellow to the bite mark and started experimenting to perfect my bite mark. 


I dabbed away some of the excess blood and decided to rub away some of the bite marks to make the bite more realistic. 




I much prefer this subtle bite mark appearance I've now created and will take this into consideration for tomorrows shoot on my model for my Claudia character. I'm happy with how I've learnt from todays experiments. I will also move the placement of this bite next time! I'm looking forward to the shoot and will take my practice into consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment