Wednesday 25 February 2015

Face Chart

My first ideas of face chart designs which outline my final idea of my Miss Haversham look. I find it really interesting that this unit we were able to choose whether we wanted to design a film or TV representation of Miss Haversham.

Products needed:

Moisturiser
Primer
Skin Base over forehead, under eyes, tops of cheek bones and chin
Mixed red, black, green and yellow supracolour for the wrinkles to be blended out
Yellow/purple/red supracolour for the eye circles
Grey kryolan shaddow for the deep contour on cheek bones
Translucent and White powder to dust on top of the skin base
Dark brown shadow to darken eyes
MAC Gloss pot to go over the eye sockets and underneath
Duo lash glue for the lips





Here is the first face chart design I have created. It shows a TV style of Miss Haversham. I wanted the look to be when Miss Haversham is deteriorating and getting old. She is described as 'half skeleton' by Pip so I wanted to emphasise this on the cheek bones being very high and very dark on the cheek. I want the undertone to be very grey.

The face generally has general ageing techniques, forehead wrinkles, frown lines, smile lines, lines around the mouth, crows feet eyes and very sunken dark circles around the eyes. These will be used with mixing supra colour into a rich brown colour.

The brows will have nothing on them but will be brushed up making the hairs look more sparse and appear like they're falling out as Miss Haversham could be loosing hair as she is not a healthy woman.

I have made freckles on the nose, this was an age spot effect but the more I think this through the more I realise that Miss Haversham never saw the sun so I might take these out as she would not have got sun spots. 

I want Miss Haversham to look as ill as possible so I will apply a white base to create this. On top I will use a translucent powder and a white powder to make her skin look powdery and dry. The aim is to have a flakey effect. 

Her eyes should appear sunken and sore. I want to make them appear glossy and oily over the top of the yellowish/purply smudgey dark circles. The gloss will make her look like she has fever and appear her skin to look grotesque and it will also play with different textures of the skin, dry and shiny over her glistering eyes. 

I want the lips to look like a trap/gate which reflect of her character trait which is how closed she is. I will add duo eyelash glue over the top of lines on the lips to make them look extra dry and disgusting. 

Seeing as Miss Haversham lives a 'caged' life I figured I wanted this to show through in my design. I really want the lips to look like they've almost been 'caged' to reflect of Miss H's lifestyle. I want her skin to be dry and dishevelled as she has no sunlight which means she is very pale. I also want her skin to look dry and dehydrated as Miss H is mature and she would've had a bad diet and I imagine she didn't drink much water either which would obviously show through in her complexion

No comments:

Post a Comment