Wednesday 11 March 2015

Estella Practice Hair

My design for Estella's hair will be inspired by late Victorian hairstyles. Typically these were worn in a loose, romantic, soft curls and waves which was looser than the up dos from the start of the era.

I have taken photos step by step to remind myself how to be sectioning the hair ready for my assessment.

Firstly, the hair was brushed out, and then sectioned at the front using a side parting. These sections will come down to the ears so that they are not too thin for the design I will be doing at the front of the hair.


I clipped these sections away and began to curl the whole head of hair ensuring thee curls were very tight and twisted the hair after I would let it go from the heated tongs. The sections were relatively small so tat there was a lot of curls to work with in the hair.





I also curled the front section of the hair. Then I used the tail comb to section a piece from the back of the hair in a horse shoe shape, rounded. This section was then tied into a small pony tale. 


I then used curls from the pony tale to wrap around themselves and fall on top of the hair tie to hide it. These are not necessarily pin curls but a similar looser idea. The curls from the back section are then pulled back into the back of the hair.


I re curled the ringlets at the bottom as I wanted to give a neater effect to the hair.


The front section of the hair was done by loosely taking both front sections and pin curling them onto the sides of the hair. these were meant to look more flowy with added height and volume. I backcombed the right side a little to give it a bit more texture. The sides above the ear section was curled to hang at either side of the face. 




I like how my design went as it reminds me of a more romantic Victorian style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment