Friday 13 March 2015

Dry Skin and Rashes

Today I created a makeup design which included using liquid latex to create holes and rashes in the skin. My outcome was a little dramatic and I think I overdid the peeling of holes in the face but next time I will only add this to one certain area or make the rashes a little smaller. Hoever, I did enjoy creating this look as it was something different and outside of my comfort zone when it comes to makeup design. I learnt a lot from this session which I will take with me in my makeup career.



Products used:

Barrier cream
Old age stipple
Sponge
Liquid latex
Blood
Supra palette
Foundation palette
Pin

How to:

Make sure model is wearing no makeup at all
Apply a barrier cream to the area you will be working on
Pour the old age stipple into a dry bowl
Use a sponge to dip into the bowl
Evenly apply the old age stipple to the face ensuring to feather at the edges
Cover the whole area and you can then use another layer if needed
Use a hair dryer on a cool heat to dry
Rub the area with your fingers to build up a hole in the latex and roughness to add texture
Use a little foundation over if it's not a similar colour to your models skin tone
You can now pick this up with a pin to manipulate it into shape 
Use fake blood and supra colour red tone with a brush on the inside of the tears



Sore eyes:

Use a bluey/brown supra colour for a darkened eye appearance blend thoroughly 
Can use a blood/browny/red to fill in the dryness to look like an injury put along the eye to make it look injured 

Dirt:
Use kryolan spray ensuring models clothes are covered up
Spray 30cm away from hand approximately 
Use a selection of colours here I used black and brown

No comments:

Post a Comment